Scan Essentials SketchUp Extension
The Extension Warehouse is an online resource full of plug-ins developed especially for SketchUp.
Contact Elmtec for purchasing enquiries.
Scan Essentials for SketchUp!
Scan Essentials is an extension that adds a huge amount of value early on in your workflow because it lets you import, view, and model directly on point cloud data in SketchUp—accurately capturing the “as-built” condition of your project. It equips first-timers and pros to quickly turn rich point cloud data into accurate 3D models with ease through a variety of file formats (E57, RWP, LAZ, TZF, LAS, PLY). You no longer have to waste time painstakingly modeling contextual details—simply import your point cloud, and model directly on it using SketchUp’s native toolbox.
- Model directly on the point cloud for precise drawings
- Adjust colour and transparency with the intuitive Point Cloud Manager
- Compare your model against the point cloud to ensure model accuracy with the Inspection tool
- Zoom in and focus on specific sections with the Clipping Box
- Simultaneously view all your scan data and 3D models in the field
- Create section views with the advanced toolbar
- Align scan data with your model
- Add point clouds with ease using the Rotate and Move Tool
- Significantly speed up your modelling process by incorporating configurable 3D Warehouse models onto your point cloud
- Document point cloud data in 2D by exporting directly to LayOut